NETWORKING -Making Your Networking Successful
Making Your Networking Successful – in this week’s podcast, I speak to Carol Harris who is the author of Networking for Success 2nd Edition about her book.
Over the last 30 years, she has taught vital business skills to help a business grow. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personal Development and a Council Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Consultants. Carol was also was a Director of the Arts Council of Great Britain.
- It is important to help businesses grow through contacts and associations
- Learn from people get support and build new contacts.
- Networking is usually inexpensive
How to network effectively
- Have a strategy
- What results do you want to achieve with your networking
- Be selective with how you spend your time and what events to attend.
- Choose networking groups that fit with your interests and what you do
- Networking its very important to schedule a time and follow up on your contacts.
- As the saying goes the fortune can be in the follow-up.
- Speak within your comfort zone and skills that you will have the confidence to speak about.
- Be prepared, about what you are going to speak about.
- Pick two to three things to speak about.
- Be calm, breathe and take a pause if you need to think.
- If you do not know something, tell someone, that you will get back to them about the question after you double-check.
- Ask questions they get attention.
- Questions can open conversations.
- Listen do not just talk.
Carols Recommendations for Business to Thrive
- Do what motivates you
- Use your time wisely
- Learn new skills
- Improve your systems
- Remember with the online world it is easy to do business local and global
Making Networking Useful